Supervising Graduate Students in Research
- Chair, Thesis Committee of Melanie Boney (MS Biology, graduated fall, 2014).
- Thesis: Variation in yield components and seed protein, oil, and fatty acid content in the md 96-5722 by ‘spencer’ recombinant inbred line (ril) population of soybean [Glycine max (L.) Merr.]
- Thesis Advisor of Yaleaka Currie (MS Biology, graduated spring, 2014)
- Thesis: Heat stress causes degradation of polar lipids in wheat near-isogenic lines resistant and susceptible to hessian fly (Mayteiola destructor) infestation.
- Thesis Advisor of Joshua Underwood (MS Biology, graduated fall, 2014)
- Thesis: Exogenous application of salicylic acid can prevent the loss of wheat resistance [Triticum aestivum] to hessian fly larvae [mayetiola destructor] biotype vh9 under high temperature stress.
Serving in Thesis Committees of graduate students
- Richard Bazzelle (MS Biology, 2009-2012)
- Sabrina Andrea Burgado (MS Biology, 2009-2011)
- Melanie Boney (Ms Biology, 2011-2014)
Mentoring students in research
- Supervised six additional graduate students in research and publication
- Supervised 14 undergraduate students in research
02/12/2013-03/12/2013: EPA science to achieve results (STAR) review panel
Reviewed manuscripts for the following journals:
- Agronomy Journal (2015)
- Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture (2013)
- Journal of Atlas Biology (2011, 2012)
- Environmental Entomology (2011)
- Journal of Insect Science (2011, 2013)
- Arthropod-Plant Interactions (2011)
- Journal of Economic Entomology (2009, 2011, 2015)
- Scientific reports (2015)
Moderating in Professional conferences
- Co-Moderator for P-IE: Host plant resistance and transgenic crops. 88th Annual Meeting Of Southeastern Branch Entomological Society of America. Greensville, SC. Mar. 2-4.
- Co-Moderator for MS student oral competition IV. 88th Annual Meeting Of Southeastern Branch Entomological Society of America. Greensville, SC. Mar. 2-4.